Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I met a wee cat..

One day last week it was a rainy morning so I rode the bus into work. After work I realised I didn't have enough change to catch the bus home and decided I needed the fresh air to clear my head anyway.
I took the scenic stroll home. Up high above Sauchiehall street, past the Charles Rennie Mackintosh Art School, over the busy freeway, down some suburban lane ways, past the private gardens and into Kelvingrove Park.
I was strolling along through the bright flowers and manicured lawn, not bothered how long my walk in the fading sun was taking. Tangled in my thoughts and prayers and dragging my tired feet I was interrupted by a rustle in the flower bed next to me.
Two startled green eyes peered out at me. Much to my delight it was a shiny, black cat.
At first unsure of me, I knelt down to greet my new little friend. Within moments the little black cat was meowing to me about his day, purring and nuzzling to my affectionate petting.

It was just what I needed that day. I hope we meet again wee shiny black cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment