Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Black & White Tales from NYC



I got my B&W FishEye film back yesterday.
A real mix of photographs as I didn't use my camera every day.
There are quite a few from the week my Sister came over and we stayed in Brooklyn. We did loads of touristy things that week. Our first day we hunted down an indoor flea market in DUMBO. The photo above is of Michaela and Matt trying some of the goods on offer. I think Matt pulls off the Dame Edna-esque glasses well!

Here are a few other favourites:



This is in DUMBO. It was this giant colourful grid but I forgot I had B&W film. When I look at though I can see colours even though my brain knows its shades of grey. Matt told me of one of his lecturers that did some famous work all in B&W but it looked like you could see the colours. I love that concept!

The Wonderful Guggenheim. We were staying with the director of the Bicycle Film Festival at this time and he kindly called a friend at the Guggenheim so we had tickets waiting for us. How very VIP!



Wandering around Soho couldn't help but snap this very iconic school bus.

I can't remember why I snapped this butcher but I love the outcome.

The sink in one of our hostels. A pity about the camera strap but I think I will edit that out.

My pot of beer at a bar in the Meat Packing District.

Again I forgot I was shooting B&W because this door is the most brilliant colour blue. I actually don't mind the composition and shadow though.

In DUMBO again, which stands for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass

Some Artwork on the side of a Cafe. I love the bend of the street sign.

On our way to a Bike Shop in Soho. I think I counted 4 or 5 pairs up there.

More sneakers dangling. This is under Manhattan Bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment