Friday, July 10, 2009

Tales from the back of my red & white bicycle


Photo's courtesy of my boy Matthew Harding www.mharding.wordpress.com

I'm just home from popping over to lovely Margaux's flat after work. She lives just the other side of the park so it's a pleasant little ride there and back. As I was riding past the skate bowl I suddenly remembered how when Alex was over from Sweden we had taken my then-new bicycle for a ride around the park.
As there were two of us and only one little flamingo we had to make do! So with Alex carefully balanced on my flat rack at the back, we were gliding up and down the hills when one boy ever so rudely, laughed mockingly at us as we cruised past the skate bowl.
We tossed our short hair and laughed because the site of two tall women balanced on my tiny bicycle must have been pretty hilarious! See image below for dimensions I'm talking haha



The other day as I lugged my heavy little bicycle up three flights of stairs to my flat - also carting 5kg of fruit and vege's I thought how very fitting - my little flamingo carries me all over town each day. It's the least I can do, put your little wheels up my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment