Monday, July 6, 2009

A Tale for tonight

It's late but i'm not working tomorrow.
Matt has nearly finished editing the New York photos. It's nice to relive some memories.
The sun has set. I'm still not used to the sun setting so late but I enjoy it. I can see giant, white wind mills far in the distance from my kitchen window. I look at them each mornning. Sometimes the sky is so grey I can't see them, sometimes there is a low cloud just balancing over them and I can only see faint silhouettes. Somedays I ponder if the day to come will reflect the visual of the windmills I see that morning..

It's strange starting a new art-world away from my giant desk of art tools and knitting machine back home. I recieved an e-mail today offering me some contract work with a local designer I presume back home. I'm not sure where they got my details but it's nice to be offered work in the field I enjoy.
I realised weeks after we arrived that I was feeling fed up and frustrated inside because I hadn't made anything in such a long time. I realised that I always had creative tasks keeping me busy till I left. First it was my course and then it was contract work knitting.
I'd had this idea about making duct tape brooches a while ago so I bought some duct tape and set about making something... I made a floral ring and later some magazine flowers. But thats another tale for another day.

I'm determind to tap into the crafty and creative community here in Glasgow. I checked out a Craft Mafia market last weekend. Matt and I discovered a hidden laneway of creative sorts just close to home which was exciting. Everything from a cafe, to a recording studio to framers, all tucked away just off the main street. That's one thing I love about Glasgow and Melbourne; the laneways. Exploring the laneways is like scratching the surface and getting to know the city properly over a beer and some hommus.

It's late. I should sleep and make tomorrow a productive day.
I wonder how the windmills will look in the morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment